My mom’s recipe. I don’t know where she got it. I have kept the ingredients and measurements as written. This cake is another family favorite – so moist. Seems to get more delicious the longer it is refrigerated.
To make it a tad more healthy, substitute applesauce for some of the oil, and sprinkle powdered sugar on top instead of the cream cheese frosting.
In one large bowl, mix together real well:
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 C Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
In another bowl, mix together:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 C Wesson oil
- 1 Can Pumpkin (about 2 cups)
Beat well and add to the dry ingredients mixture.
Make sure the batter is well-beaten. Pour into a tube or Bundt cake pan that has been greased and floured.
Bake 1 hour at 350° F.
- 1/2 box Powdered sugar (just under 2 cups)
- 1/2 stick Oleo (1/4 cup butter or margarine), at room temperature
- 8 oz. package Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), optional
Blend well to spreading consistency.
Frost the cake.
Keep in the fridge after icing because of the cream cheese frosting.